This privacy notice sets out the ways in which Mistal Time Services Limited t/a Fix My Watch, company number 01794168, (FMW) collects, processes and shares your personal data.
What information does FMW collect?
FMW may collect, process and use the following information you provide when you send us an email, when you visit www.fixmywatch.co.uk and choose the “Get in Touch” option, when you telephone us to place an order, when you send to us a watch in the post, when you pay for our services, when you sign up to our newsletter online and when you attend our premises:
- employment address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- your payment card information; and
- other information you provide when you purchase our services.
We may receive certain categories of information listed above from sources other than you, such as from third-party websites, independent jewellers, watchmakers, multi-store retailers, multi-store jewellers, watch brands and any other company or legal person who purchases services from FMW. We may combine this information with information we collect.
We use an analytics tool called Facebook pixel to measure the actions of visitors to our website. Facebook pixel gathers general data such as; the age range of visitors to our website and the frequency of their visits. FMW does not receive any personal data from Facebook pixel.
What is your data used for?
FMW processes your personal data in the following ways, and on the following legal bases:
- Your name, telephone, address, employment address and email address for the purposes of sending you direct electronic marketing. FMW will only do this if you have given your consent to being provided with the direct electronic marketing. You may opt-out of receiving this at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your preferences.
- To carry out FMW’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between FMW and you, for example to take payment, provide our services or to repair your watch.
- To send you a confirmation email or text message to verify and confirm your order, this is necessary for the performance of FMW’s contract with you so that it can confirm your order you with details about your order, such as when it will be delivered or dispatched. It is also in FMW’s legitimate interests to ensure that customers are updated about their orders.
- To enhance your experience of the FMW website, we do this as it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that you receive the best experience possible when you place an order for our services.
- To optimise your experience of the types of direct electronic marketing that FMW sends you (where you have consented to direct electronic marketing). FMW does this on the basis that it is necessary in FMW’s legitimate interest to ensure that such direct marketing is of interest and use to you.
- Any other purposes where we have obtained your consent to do so.
We may use your information in an anonymised and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data so that we can enhance our IT systems or website and carry out research. We may share this anonymised and/or aggregated data with third parties, but you will not be identifiable from any such data.
FMW may review your personal data if it has reason to believe that the information has been provided inappropriately, unlawfully or illegally. FMW does this on the basis that it is necessary in its legitimate interest to ensure that the website is being used appropriately, lawfully and legally.
Disclosing information to third parties
FMW does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties other than as set out in this privacy notice.
FMW provides your personal data:
- to selected third party providers in order to process and deliver your orders, for example payment providers and watchmakers;
- to selected marketing agencies, web-mailing companies and hosting companies;
- credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies.
FMW will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to organisations for the sole purpose of dealing with the provision of services to you. FMW will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to organisation who have adequate safeguards in place to ensure the security of your personal data.
FMW will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if FMW sells or buys any business or assets, in which case FMW will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset;
- if FMW or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if FMW is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FMW, you or any third party, and to investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement FMW has with you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
FMW may pass your personal data to third parties in a statistical and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data. FMW will always ensure that you are not identifiable from any such data.
We may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
Protecting your personal data
FMW has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, it limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and in accordance with this privacy notice. They will only process your personal data in accordance with FMW’s instructions.
FMW has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where it is legally required to do so.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. If you have any reason to believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure, then please contact us at email@example.com.
Holding your personal data
FMW will retain your data for as long as we need to hold it in order to provide you with services and to improve, analyse and optimise your customer experience.
We may also retain your data for further periods where we need to do so in order comply with any legal or regulatory requirements (including keeping certain records for seven years for VAT purposes), to carry out audits, to detect and prevent fraud, to enforce contracts or to resolve any disputes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, FMW considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which FMW processes your personal data and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Where FMW relies on consent as the condition for processing your personal data, for example for sending you electronic direct marketing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have various statutory rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have the right to:
- object to direct marketing communications at any time;
- request and obtain access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data, in certain circumstances;
- object to or restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- have your personal data stored in a manner in which it is portable from the environment in which it is stored by FMW to another environment; and
- file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to Privacy Notice
If FMW decides to change this privacy notice, any changes will be posted on this page.
This privacy notice was last modified on 25th May 2018.
If you wish to contact FMW in relation to this privacy notice, including in relation to any of the rights set out in section 7 above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.